WELCOME TO DUNSMORE WEARING LLP
This new law firm of six lawyers is born to provide clients with solid back up, extraordinary experience and capable options for various budgets. All the senior lawyers involved have been practicing labour and employment law for over 20 years each. The combined practice areas cover most of the public service and many private sector industries.
As listed below, the basic expertise of Dunsmore Wearing encompasses all the areas of work place activity.
Firm preference is to meet clients before serious problems arise. Strategic advantage arises from careful planning. Having the opportunity to select the changes one wants is always preferable to reacting to the initiatives of others. Preparing the agenda improves the likelihood of completing it.
Notwithstanding the desirability of proactive planning, strong relationships with clients are often built from the necessity of quickly responding to complaints, grievances or actions of others trying to impose their will upon the Company future. With our great experience, we can mobilize fast. We can fight with the best of them to protect the client's interests and maintain its independence.
Strategic Advice and Advocacy
Our firm provides proactive advice to employers encouraging positive employee/employer relations to avoid third party interference with your business plans.
We can help you with the following:
- Negotiation and drafting employment contracts
- Workplace management training
- Attendance management
- Human Rights accommodation
- Responding to union organizing campaigns
- Responding to union Certification applications and representation votes
- Sale and closure of businesses
- Collective Agreement negotiations
- Collective Agreement administration
- Grievance arbitration
- Ontario Labour Relations Board proceedings
- Canada Industrial Relations Board proceedings
- Work stoppage/strike injunctions
- Occupational Safety Act compliance and prosecution defense
- Employment Standards Act, 2000 compliance and prosecution defense
- Human Rights Code compliance and response to Applications
- Workplace Safety Insurance law
- Pay Equity Act compliance and response to Applications
- Wrongful dismissal litigation
- Corporate governance
- Coroner’s Inquests
- Public Inquiries